|223 mm||104 mm|
Brous Blades Echelon Blackout
The Echelon is the second collaboration with knife designer Elijah Isham. The cutouts in the blade and handle scales give the Echelon an aggressive and futuristic look. The flipper tab is designed to give an unparalleled flipping action and disappears into the handle when open. The hidden flipper tab allows you to more effectively use the entire cutting edge of the blade. The D2 Tanto blade can also be deployed using the unique cutout in the blade. Like all Brous Blades knives, the Echelon runs on Brous bearing system and ceramic detent. The G10 and stainless steel handle has an ergonomic shape and fits the hand securely. This knife is set up for right-hand tip-up carry and features a fully 3D-machined pocket clip. The Echelon is a fun to flip mid-range knife that can handle any task and won't fail to impress.
Although still in his early 20’s, Brous began his efforts in knifemaking with the benefit of nearly 10 years of experience in CNC machining. His father owns a shop that specializes in the custom machining of high-precision components, mainly for the medical industry. As a good son, Brous spent a lot of time in his father’s shop growing up and by his mid teens was actively helping out with production. His skills and knowledge steadily increased and by the time he was 20 he was a seasoned and very competent machinist.
Brous’ interest in knives actually began with art—specifically a style called “Bio-mechanical” art as practiced by one of his favorite artists, a Brazilian painter and tattooist named Lango. Biomechanical art (also called Biomech) is a surrealistic style of art that combines elements of machines and robotics with organic animal features.
Intrigued by this style of art and its similarity to many fantasy knives, Brous figured that knifemaking would be a natural extension of his metalworking skills and an appropriate medium for his artistic ideas. Although he had no specific training in knifemaking, in 2010 he designed and made his first knife—a fantasy design with a Biomech flavor—and eagerly posted photos of it on several Internet knife forums. Unfortunately for him, his design drew harsh criticism from some all-knowing keyboard commandos. However, fortunately for us, he turned that criticism into fierce determination.
Through persistent trial and error, Brous changed his style of knife design to focus on functional simplicity, while still maintaining a strong artistic signature.
(incl. VAT 0%)
|1 in stock||Lappeenranta: 1|
|Brand: Brous Blades|
|Name: Echelon Blackout|
|Shipping costs to your country (United States (US))|
|Free Shipping with tracking number||0 €|
|Free Worldwide Shipping for orders over 100 EUR|
- Quick shippingWe ship worldwide! Orders placed on business days before 14.00 Finnish time, we sent on the same day. Free shipping for orders over 100 euro!
- Easy paymentMyGoodKnife offers several payment options for your purchase: credit card or direct payment to bank account.
- Secure shoppingMyGoodKnife is secured with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate by Thawte. Our webshop is encrypted with 128-bit SSL protection. When you move to the payment pages, your payment transaction is completely secure!
- Customers supportContact our customer service via live chat, e-mail or contact form. We do our best to answer all requests in nearest time.
- Return & RefundEU customers have the right to cancel order within 14 working days of delivery and return goods for a full refund (except cost of shipment).The goods must be return in saleable (unused) condition including package.
You have not viewed any product yet.